Establish goals and priorities
- Communicate with the owner regarding timelines of starting and finishing their project. Set milestone dates and duration of activities.
- Develop an overall management plan.
- Sit down with the building committee and prioritize the projects. Implement a Critical Path Method (CPM) management schedule to help meet critical timelines.
- Design cost planning & budgets.
- Prepare initial budget numbers during the design phase and update construction cost when plans are 50% complete and 85% complete to verify project remains in budget.
- Review of construction documents.
- Work with the Architectural and Engineering teams on constructibility issues during the design phase and develop subcontractor input and familiarity with the project.
Bidding of Projects
- Establish and prepare pre bid meetings.
- Receive competitive sealed proposals for various subcontractor items.
- Review scope of work.
- Determine the “best value” for owner.
- Review and determine areas for construction staging activities and parking.
- Determine need for specific job safety requirements and security.